The Aon Maadi Cup regatta is the National Championships for school rowing in New Zealand. Run by the NZSSRA and Rowing New Zealand, it is New Zealand's largest rowing regatta, alternating annually between Lake Karapiro in Cambridge and Lake Ruataniwha in Twizel.
The 2018 New Zealand Secondary School Championships (Aon Maadi Cup) will be held at Lake Ruataniwha from 19th - 24th March 2018 (Sunday 25th March until 12pm is the spare day).
Ruataniwha Rowing Inc are the hosts of the regatta at Lake Ruataniwha and are a group of tireless volunteers, we thank them hugely for their efforts!
The week long programme is scheduled as follows:
- Sunday 18th - Parade in Twizel (time tbc), Safety Meeting 4pm & NZSSRA AGM 5pm, Twizel Events Centre
- Monday 19th - Heats begin
- Tuesday 20th - Heats conclude and all Repechages begin
- Wednesday 21st - Repechages end, quarter-finals, E&F Finals
- Thursday 22nd - Semi-finals, C&D Finals
- Friday 23rd - A&B Finals (events 1-26)
- Saturday 24th - A&B Finals (events 27-52)
- Sunday 25th - spare day (until 12pm)
Over 2000 competitors from 120 schools are expected and around 10,000 people watch the finals from the bank.
This section provides all the information you need to know about the event including the history, how to enter, and important details about the regatta.