The Aon Maadi Cup regatta is the National Championships for school rowing in New Zealand. Run by the NZSSRA and Rowing New Zealand, it is New Zealand's largest rowing regatta, alternating annually between Lake Karapiro in Cambridge and Lake Ruataniwha in Twizel.
The 2017 New Zealand Secondary School Championships (Aon Maadi Cup) will be held at Lake Karapiro from 27th March - 1st April 2017.
The week long programme is scheduled as follows:
- Sunday 26th - Parade 12:30pm in Cambridge, Safety Meeting 4pm & NZSSRA AGM 5pm, Don Rowlands Centre
- Monday 27th - Heats begin
- Tuesday 28th - Heats conclude and all Repechages begin
- Wednesday 29th - Repechages end, quarter-finals, E&F Finals
- Thursday 30th - Semi-finals, C&D Finals
- Friday 31st - A&B Finals (events 1-26)
- Saturday 1st - A&B Finals (events 27-52)
- Sunday 2nd - spare day (until 12pm)
Over 2000 competitors from 120 schools are expected and around 10,000 people watch the finals from the bank
This section provides all the information you need to know about the event including the history, how to enter, and important details about this year's regatta.